Surprising, I learnt a lot about cross stitch from this project and sometimes you just need that little challenge to make you a better crafter. The design was one I found in my grans house when we were clearing out her things. By the sizing of the canvas it appeared to be perhaps intended as a cushion cover but I wanted to give it an update.
In addition, I believed this project would be relatively easy to do, all I planned to do was reuse a pattern printed onto canvas as a template to sew it upon a piece of material. In reflection I'm a bit of a tight stitcher so pulling out the canvas one line at a time wasn't easy and resulted in picking at times the thread as well as the canvas. Insert at this time a rather unhappy crafty face. I was peed off with this sewing for sure, all the holding and the picking had really dirtied up the piece and I was on the verge of throwing it out. But it's a wonder what a soak in some warm water and washing up liquid will do and I finished the sewing off using an embroidery hoop for framing. While its not the best piece I've ever done, its nice and starts to fill up one of our blank walls with lots of hoops somewhat alike this;