Monday 19 March 2012

Blog Positivity Week

19th - 25 March 2012

Ashley over at After Nine to Five is running the blog positivity week, an idea which I think is important for us bloggers to remember - to be and remain positivity in our world of blogging. It's all too easy to send negative vibes through comments, posts and the associated social media that all are increasingly using to spread our work. Nevertheless in the period I've been blogging [two and a half years] the amount of hatred and bitchy comments I've seen has really increased especially on YouTube. Unfortunately it's all too easy to give out anonymous horrible comments across today's social media driven world.

Yet it's not just about negativity through comments - I often feel there's a perceived view that you have to blog in a certain way. None of us should fear branching out and experimenting with blogs. There is no correct way to blog - remember that. You don't always have to blog about one topic. Never feel categorized into making your blog only ever be about one thing because you might loose followers. Your followers will read and follow your blog regardless. Your blog is yours. You can make the rules and if some people don't like it - then they are the narrow minded ones. Be brave and write - it's what I've tried to do with LOTS, I have a lame attention span so I would have issues blogging about one topic repeatedly, that's why you'll find everything from baking, sewing, love, compacts to cats here.

There are so many positive reasons to blog - from the gorgeous people you'll met, the occasional give away you might win and that chance of marking one tiny little space on the internet as yours. Through blogging I've often found the support I've needed when I was in my long distance relationship through to moving to America and having those down days. 

My key message is to reach out and be positive through your blog, to the blogs you read and to the people that comment. A little bit of positivity, like a smile, goes a long way.

Go on, ask yourself if your participating and spread some positivity.

Have you experienced the dark side of blogging? How do you keep positive in your work and your messages your sending out? 

10 comments:

  1. Very appropriate after last week...was a grim week for blogging sadly.
    Really stand by your message. I think its difficult for some people to comprehend that a creative outlet IS BEAUTIFUL because it may be different or quirky. I also read VIPXO post and it sounds incredibly awful the poor girl.

    Amen sister!
    Liz
    http://www.aspirationsofglam.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm unaware of what occurred with VIPXO but I can imagine what might have gone on. It's awful that we can't just be happy and support each other.

      Delete
  2. love this! i really think spending good vibes out into the world is so important.. why blog negatively.. i really feel when you're negative regardless if it's in your personal life or blogging it's just bad jujubees!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree! Far too much negativity out there in the world [esp in the news] time to be happy!

      Delete
  3. I agree, you never have to stick to one topic when you blog, as long as you're writing about what you are passionate about others will be interested!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly - no one ever likes just one thing and writing out other things challenges you to branch out every time you might post something.

      Delete
  4. What a great idea. There are no rules in blogging, that's why it rocks. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's funny when you really need something and it just *shows up* that was this post for me this morning. Thank you! Love your blog found you though Hellocotton!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love Hellocotton, it's great for finding new blogs and posts to read!

      Delete
  6. I haven't witnessed the dark side yet. I try to stay as positive as possible, because I want me blog to be a happy place :]

    ReplyDelete