Lists, lists, lists.
Lists are helping me focus right now. While I wish I could grab my hands on a magical watch like Bernard (American kids you were missing out not growing up with Bernard's Watch, a show about a kid that had a watch that stopped time). We have an offer on a house that's working through the system, works picking up, i'm packing like there's no tomorrow, trying to find that spare out to craft, get out into the sunshine, my blogs feeling a bit neglected. My blog reading list, more so.
So it's been a while since i've done one of my life/things posts, I thought I'd combine it with a currently kinda tag and throw it out there, so we all feel a little more grounded.
- Reading - great positive articles about Detroit, like the awesome street art boom in the city
- Watching - Lots of marathons - well Bar Rescue and NCIS LA for hours on end. Niceeee.
- Trying - to relax and not be overly stressy about everything
- Eating - these chocolate cupcakes with this vanilla butter cream frosting, I just had to bake something on Tuesday (or it might have been Monday, I forget), these fit the bill.
- Pinning - lots of ideas and wishes from my office come craft room to finally having that garden
- Crafting - everything between a Red Sky at Night cross stitch to a cute little birdie that'll be turned into a thank you card, alongside finally working on a blanket, crocheted from a huge granny square (you can always keep up with my craft adventures ya know on my Hook Stitch Hook blog)
- Going - to lots of flea markets but not really finding much
- Loving - finally being acclimatised (somewhat) to the American summer, finally
- Hoping - that this house doesn't fall through
- Thinking - my British accent made a barista's day yesterday, she was very happy hearing it that's for sure
- Enjoying - going to some yardsales for a change, great place for cheap vinyl we're finding
- Listening (to) - my Billie Holiday boxset and Simply Red - growing up with my mam listening to Simply Red rather often, I finally found a $1 vinyl copy of a New Flame, yeah that was coming home with me. That and Skid Row, lots of Skid Row.
- Finishing - not enough packing as a I probably should to be that's for sure.
While i'm not one to apologise for life happening, for not posting as often, or as well or whatever as normal, it's probably kind to give you a heads up and all. Whatever happens with this house, good or bad i'll be taking a little break once July rolls around, just to catch up with myself and ya know, enjoy summer. As ever you can always follow me on Twitter if that's your thing.
Hows things with you?
Hows things with you?