Life has been a little up in the air shall we say in the last couple of weeks, which unfortunately led to a quick dash back to Pittsburgh for a family funeral. Hence the delay in getting out last weeks small things posts, but with a death, it makes you appreciate those small things even more. And while I could go on about the differences in how a funeral plays out in the US in comparison, lets just talk about happy things, like;
- Fall the fall colours - I can never tire of seeing all those oranges, reds and yellows
- Signing up for Marvel Unlimited and getting to read loads and loads of Marvel comics - old and new
- Managing to get a 3 foot tall Peace Lily home in one piece all the way from Pittsburgh, it however may not survive being around the kitties ...
- Having a couple of days being called auntie is always fun
- Driving around the back roads of Allegheny in Pennsylvania and being blown away with all the beautiful fall colours (more on this to come)
- Finally getting around to reading Nimona which is a very quirky and fun graphic novel that I would highly recommend
- Also Neil Gaiman's Sleeper and the Spindle is both a beautiful tale and gorgeously illustrated which is always a double winner
- Being spoiled with a Keurig coffee machine in our hotel room
- All the pumpkin carving
- Meeting lots of new kitties and seeing just how well they flock to me, it's like I just let off cat lady signals at every turn
- Popping into an anime store in Greensburg and finding all the goodies
How are things with you?