Saturday 20 February 2010

How about afternoon tea in the Ritz Hotel in London's Piccadilly? Get dressed up in a smart vintage suit and link arms with my man and wander through the doors into the grand foyer, greeted by the smartly dressed and perfectly mannered greeter [or door openers - whatever their name is!]


Drink in the atmosphere and the afternoon tea ...

Original post lost to cyberspace
... with posh crust less sarnies, a cream tea and perhaps be tempted with a glass of champagne?

Original post lost to cyberspace

And if your feeling rather rich, or splashing out ....Why not stay over?!

Me and JJ keep daydreaming about our future and the one day we have our honeymoon. We don't want to be engaged long so I guess daydreaming about things now settles out what we want so it makes planning everything much more easily. Spend a week, be together, do posh things like having afternoon tea in Ritz and maybe spending one night there is on our list. Its all just so much an outlandish, crazy and utterly 'us' that I just love the idea!

I'd love to hear if anyone has ever had afternoon tea at The Ritz? Would be fabulous!

All images from google search or The Ritz's website.

13 comments:

  1. My husband and I would love an afternoon like this! Maybe one day... ;D.

    Have a happy weekend!;D

    Just followed you, btw. ;D follow me too?;D


    http://allthingsmarie.blogspot.com
    BEAUTY. FASHION. DESIGN.
    ...and everything girly under the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds absolutely wonderful! Now Im going to be daydreaming about tea at the Ritz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh this is wonderful! It is also on my London 'To Do' list. Me and the boy have planned to live in London for 5 years, and then move to the countryside :) So I have to get this ticked off soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never gotten to go there. I really want to some day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I would love to do something like this! I've been dreaming of afternoon tea at a posh place forever! If only I could get bf to agree to it as well:P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmh beautiful pictures! I am now in that dream, too :D

    I'm following that blog now - you can check out mine if you want :)

    http://who-is-susi-swallow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Closest I've got was a tour of the kitchens when I was a catering student!
    Very opulent and ornate, afternoon tea would be perfect...
    Vix
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how I long to go do this! It just looks so magical, like something from a movie. Definitely on my to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. For my 21st my family and I are going to have a high tea. My aunt has been to the Ritz for the cream tea you talk about and apparently it's divine! Although very expensive, and Down Hall in Hertfordshire is just as nice, only less expensive and the scones aren't hot!

    I'm hoping to go for tea in Fortnums (or Laduree =])

    xx B

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, this is something I so want to do one day

    ReplyDelete
  11. OO enjoy your 21st Anna! I've had high tea in Betty's in York which was lovely, I'm just super lucky I have a fella obsessed with tea and will love it just as much as myself!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My boyfriend is just as obsessed with tea as I am but doesn't want to go to the Ritz D: the horror!

    I hope you get to go there soon, it looks like a fairytale..like the kind of experience where it doesn't seem real until a week later!

    ReplyDelete