Tuesday 8 January 2013

Vintage Bangs


So I wanted to post today about one of the great vintage goodies we came across at the weekend - I'd seen it in the photographs for the estate sale but hadn't a clue what it was and a google search wasn't turning up any gold - that's until I got my hands on it and I knew I had to buy it. Published in 1957 this is a Robert Curley (think American hair style product brand) guide to hair styling. There's everything you could ever need to know about how to condition and set your hair yet alone how to set it into bustles, pixie styles and curls. If I could actually do something useful with my hair it would be a must to try. Instead I'm willing it away to a good home via etsy - hopefully it will find one. 

7 comments:

  1. I love the Vintage illustrations in this! Very lovely! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fab. I've put it in my like list, I'm sure it'll probably be gone by payday though. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I love the long sweep...that one looks a lil ridicolous! I've always wanted to rock the side sweep though...I always thought it looked so elegant! =)

    Ergo - Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH wow! What a cool guide - I always loved vintage hair styling, but my hair is surely to short to do this now

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing. I love the illustrations and I've always loved vintage hairstyles.

    Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    ReplyDelete
  6. How gorgeous! My hairs a bit short but I'm gonna tell my sister about this, she's having a 50s themed wedding this year! xx

    ReplyDelete