Tuesday 28 May 2013

VINTAGE: Bears in Bar Harbor

Life has been extra busy since we've been pushing harder with our store, so after I've done all my work I'm finding it increasingly challenging to get driven enough to do anything extra on the computer. So blogging has taken a hit, again. The last couple of days have been spent scanning, researching and working my way through a couple of hundred vintage postcards we picked up a couple of weekends ago - even a couple over 110 years old and never used. 
I thought I'd share with you one of my favourites that I have on hand - this gorgeous vintage linen (named so because they have a rag content to them) Curteich postcard which was published in 1947, postmarked in 1949. One of the things I love in particular about linen postcards (popular between 1930's to 1960's) is the richness of their colours and their texture makes them extra special. I could probably bore you all to sleep with some of the postcards I've come across lately, they intrigued me immensely.

Whenever I work on vintage postcards, it always make me remember how much of a shame it is that we don't mail postcards like we use too.

5 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful postcard.....it must be amazing finding out all the interesting information about them.
    Three bears....just fabulous.
    love V

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachael this is a gorgeous postcard and what a treasure trove you stumbled upon finding so many old beauties all at once! I'm going to be green if I find out how little they set you back aren't I?! I won't ask! :-)

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love postcards. This postcard is beautiful. I hope all of your work is going well.

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous!
    I always try to send postcards when I go away somewhere, but it's so hard to find nice ones these days - they all seem to be tacky and horirble!

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I do think this is an excellent site. I stumbledupon it ;) I'm going to return once again since I saved as a favorite it. Money and freedom is the best way to change, may you be rich and continue to guide other people.

    My webpage: holiday gift ideas

    ReplyDelete