Tuesday 27 May 2014

LIFE: The Little Things

little

We can all get too bogged down with the bigger picture - exam stress, house buying, growing up, work stuff. To always feel the need to be aiming towards something, to constantly be bettering ourselves. Sometimes we forget the smaller, everyday things that big light into our lives, that make us smile.

Here are mine, what are yours?

lemon plants growing from seeds and not killing them ... yet // mango curry // starting a new cross stitch pattern // being called "auntie Rachael" // French toast // kitty purrs // pretty wrapping paper // blog comments // maps // Vernors slurpees from 7 Eleven // cuppa tea // the Mexicantown Bakery // sunny days // adding to the embroidery hoop wall // rhubarb // vinyl records // the smell of old books // playing the punch buggy game // concrete mixers from Culvers // cookbooks // deep space nine // air conditioning // blog comments // cocktails in the bath // vintage postcards // exploring detroit

signatureblog

11 comments:

  1. Hmm mango curry! That's a good one. Comments too, including the weird spammy ones.

    I'm adding: Missing the work meeting because I'm sick... Sentences that contain mainly the word f*ck because I'm so angry... The follow for follow window of opportunity or twitter... Trying to paint my nails fancy colours with nail stickers... and OMG THE MOST AMAZING CAKE/CREAM/ECLAIR HEAVENLY GOODNESS THAT OUR BAKERY NOW SELLS! God it's good.

    That's all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, good luck with those lemon plants! The sprouts look promising. I usually cheer up when I go to the local park because I see a bunch of kids playing and trying to fly kites. Other people's laughter has a healing quality, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been trying to focus more on the little things lately. I love this post xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a perfect post, really makes you think! My little things are much the same as yours but i'd add, buttons, vintage tins and spending time with family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm... for me it would be probably just be seeing my little nieces laughing and when they tell me they love spending time with me, it always cheers me up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completely agree, the smaller things are often those that make me smile the most, I love cooking meals, baking treats, reading my book and getting outdoors. Blog comments always make me happy - especially when I feel I know those behind them (is that weird?!) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The little things are always the ones I end up taking for granted, it's so important to remember how valuable they are too! Waking up with puppy snuggles and raspberry iced tea are definitely two of mine. Ooh, and really good cheese ^_^ yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the good thoughts! It can be so easy to focus on all the hard stuff in life and forget all the sweet little things that are around us every day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the smell of old books too (and new ones). The other half thinks I'm crazy but it is actually part of the reason I don't want to try a kindle. Haha. Cuddles from Roxie is one of those little things that I absolutely adore. It's always good to spend some time noticing the little things!
    Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this :) It's so easy to forget about all the little things that make you happy and make you appreciate life a little bit more! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hah, did you purposely list "blog comments" twice?! LOL. Mango curry sounds delish being that I LOVE curry! And sunny days, vinyl records, air conditioning, and exploring (San Diego) are some great things too. =) -Jess L

    ReplyDelete