Thursday 20 October 2011

B&W in the country

 Finding the black and white setting on the camera was a bit of an experiment especially when it comes to exposure but the way of learning about fancy camera settings and how to use them to your advantage is to get out there and play. Plus yourself and your camera and you'll find out and learn amazing things. Less then a five minute walk from the parents house is a country lane which throws you right back into the rural world. Off the lane is the allotments where the first and last photograph were taken, the parents grow some flowers there and the b&w tones down the flowers vividness. The dandelion was blowing in the autumn wind which made it catch my eye, I love how the light and the focus makes it look so airy and light, almost fuzzy. At the end of the lane is an old farmhouse, it's slightly lost amongst the back gardens of new homes and opposite is a huge field full of old farm equipment graveyard, old combines, rusty old parts and creaky old out buildings. Moving from this to the outer suburbs of Detroit will be a huge move methinks!

16 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what you capture in Detroit. Your photography is astounding. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Vix, I get excited about trying to capture some photographs of Detroit because its a new way to push myself from the smaller countryside kind things I do now! Should be interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that rusty shed, I went by Boots today and thought of your countdown:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. :D I totally forgot we had fields at the end of the lane lol Yeyey only 6 shifts left at work wup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love black and white pics. and these are great!
    robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's gonna be a change, for sure! I am no geography whiz, but from what I hear friends say, it's pretty much an industrial landscape. I'm sure you'll make it look good though. Your photography is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have always loved black and white photos. They are just so timeless. Your photos are absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photos the last one of the flower is my favourite :) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. your photo skills are amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these, especially the first one! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are great shots, I like the first one!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cheers everyone - I think I might blow up and print the first one off for some art work into the flat, might look impressive full scale x

    ReplyDelete
  13. those are some lovely photos. i have never been to detroit so hope to see lots of pics!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a great idea, the dandelion would look awesome blown up on canvas or framed.
    It seems so weird to think that in the not too distant future you'll be married and living in Detroit! after all this you'll not know what to do with yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha totally true Sara - I think i'll have to take up knitting! The plan is is to try and get out and photograph lots but i know that'll be limited when the snow gets in [it gets pretty rough up there] so i'm not really sure what i'll be doing for a while! Part from living on twitter and blogger when the boy's at work!

    ReplyDelete