Saturday 29 October 2011

Last day of work and the start of the nerves


Yesterday was my last day at work - was odd leaving and knowing that's it for working for a couple of months - if not longer. I'm not sure many people would opt to make themselves unemployed in this crazy economic world and in honesty it does scare me. It's the not knowing how long it'll take to get the go ahead to work but what I do know is that I want to put my four years of university into use and get out of retail. But I guess it's time to be fearless. If we forget the random often generalist conversation i've sometimes blogged or mentioned on twitter some of my work mates have become good friends and it sucked saying goodbye. One made me some fingerless gloves with cute butterfly detailing and they all chipped in to get me a card, some cupcakes from Valerie Patisserie and $125 worth of spending money. I'm not sure what I'll use the money for, but I'm tempted just to spend it on days out or some trips to a nice restaurant.

Truth is I starting to get nervy. Not about me and Joe - everyday I get more certain about us and were we are heading and how this is going to be amazing new chapter for us. It's the being the little girl moving from Yorkshire to America and being the odd one out. I'm naturally shy and the thought of knowing as soon as I talk i'll be different scares me, not really having any friends there won't help matters. I know of some of Joe's friends from facebook but they aren't my "friends" and I don't know how to go about making new ones when I'm not working or doing things. 

Anyway hotel and train tickets to the airport are now booked so i'm battling my way slowly through my to do list. I stumbled upon a load of samples and travel sized products in my drawers from Sanctuary, Clairns and Ecerin which i'm wondering over throwing them away or doing a quick give away. Not sure if sample size products are what people would be interested in winning?

6 comments:

  1. Good luck Rachael... I'm really enjoying following your journey, I think you are doing absolutely the 'right' thing in following your heart, I only wish I was that brave xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't doubt your strength you lovely silly thing! You seem like an incredibly sweet, charming and likeable person, so I'm sure you'll have no problem making friends. Just though following your journey on the blog, I absolutely admire your ambition, and the fact that you've gone for your dreams, and are making it happen. I'm sure you know it's not easy to do- so many people never take action on what they want, and you have. Have no doubt lady, you have a beautiful life ahead of you, simply because of the person you are!
    Wishing you my luck as always! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww thank you Sara it means a lot you saying that. Just getting all close and scary probably because it doesn't feel like i'm getting anywhere with the things I need to do and seeing the comments in my leaving card made me a bit upset like people might actually miss me. I've had my head all in gear for moving and you kind of forget how the people your leaving might feel. But I need to be back with my boy, maybe that makes me selfish?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck, dear! I know you will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure everything will be fine! When I first moved to the US when I was 14 (I know diff age, but old enough to have been comfortable with a group of friends, etc) I was super nervous about sticking out, not fitting in... but in reality, everyone was really friendly, and it's GOOD to stick out! :) Plus-- you'll be much closer to me and we can meet up! :)
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah your probably true Laura, I think i'm panicking about things far too ahead. I should get settled in and just let things take their course and friends will come along on the way. Your right about that it's good to stick out and I hope my English ways hang with me for years and years hehe

    ReplyDelete