Monday 15 April 2013

We'll Catch the Sun and Away We'll Fly


A weekend of lazying out to early rock and roll vinyl and psychedelic blues was spent somewhat among tissues and shots of cough medicine - the joys of catching your partners cold. Last week ended were this one begins - waiting to hear back from a mortgage adviser in an attempt to get approved so we can properly start house hunting. Once the ball gets rolling I'm thinking about running a couple of posts covering the house hunting and buying adventure - tips we come across and the like especially geared for us first time buyers. But that is for another time.

Managing to hit some estate sales on Saturday and aside from buying new stock we added to our vinyl collection with LPs from the Byrds, the Mamas and the Papas to Diana Ross (close enough to Motown) among others. After Easter and weddings this was the first weekend we've had to ourselves to get out and picking although we battled through a huge hailstorm and dreary weather. A Sunday afternoon lazying on the sofa watching Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire dancing their way through Carefree and pouring over vintage model and train reference books, finding old pressed four leaf clovers hidden within their pages merged into watching The Masters for hours and getting my English fix with Call the Midwife and Mr Selfridge on PBS.  

How did you spend your weekend?

7 comments:

  1. Exciting times! I know the US housing market is very different to ours, so it would be interesting to read a Brit's perspective!
    Love The Mamas and Papa and The Byrds - we've got a stack on vinyl.
    Feel better soon! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it appears to be a lot cheaper and there's a lot more financial assistance for first time buyers too so it should be an interesting comparison!

      Delete
  2. I spent my weekend with the boyfriend. I love that I can say that now! Gorgeous photos xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would definitely love to hear about your adventures in housebuying. Lovely images in this post. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo house hunting, it's going to be interesting to see the difference between the UK and US market!
    And you've just reminded me that I have sooo much Call the Midwife to catch up on :p

    Charlotte Adele

    ReplyDelete
  5. House hunting sounds fun hopefully you can start soon! I'm addicted to call the midwife I love the way the English do tv like Doc Martin, my fat diary and so on!! xx

    ReplyDelete