Monday 7 December 2009

Books, books, books

For those of you like myself who enjoy a good read of a biography of movie oriented literature the top books of "stage and screen" from 2009 within the Sunday Times Culture magazine featured three of my all time favourite films/actors. So, while its perhaps a very late Christmas list its additionally a mental "to do" reading list!
Presenting "an appreciation of Bogart that sometimes reads like a long prose". Humphrey Bogart by David Thompson.
"A near-perfect example of how cinema ought to be written about". Frankly, My Dear: Gone With The Wind Revisited by Molly Haskell
"A huge book with terrific commentary" Bette Davis by Richard Schickel


Also the Christmas table cloth challenged is now completed [as of yesterday!] I have a load of pictures lined up now just need to find the time to blog and tell you allll about it!

8 comments:

  1. Hi there!! I'm going to have to look into getting "Frankly my dear..." I love Gone with the Wind. Love your header for your blog btw. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonjour! Gone with the Wind is so spectacular. Thanks for stopping by my blog, you should definitely get your European train ticket when you can. If not, get a couple of berets, prepare a romantic French meal and with your true love on the other side of the table that is all you need!!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful that you've completed the table cloth, I bet is looks positively beautiful!

    These books sound fantastic, I will have to check at the local library for every one of them.


    Wishing you a serene and happy day, honey!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my favorite hobbies is to collect and read bios from the Golden Era of Hollywood!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful recommendations!..,

    Do feel most welcome to "click on by" for a cup of Parisian hot choclate tomorrow!..,

    Cheers from Silken Purse@ The Plumed Pen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I miss Gone with the wind so much, I wish to see it again!

    ReplyDelete