Monday 2 March 2015

CREATIVE: A Garden Party Stitch Along #2

SAL

The passing of February marks another entry of my cross stitch stitch along with Cross Stitch Collection Magazine. After getting into a roll in January I was hoping to continue my productivity into the new month. I'll be honest, I managed to cram in so many more stitches than I had hoped, to the point I've set this project aside for the last week or so to focus on my other stitching. Let's say I'm getting a little carried away!

SAL

After January's stitching, this month I focused some more on the backdrop - the old house, sky and trees and working across towards some more of the figures. I have to admit to finding all the quarter stitches annoying, perhaps because there's so many of them.

SAL

The upside however of all the cold wintry weather is that it has given me a chance to work on my cross stitching - not only for this stitch along but the Transformers piece and a sampler I'm working on. I also bought a daylight crafting light as a Christmas present to myself, which I love for having that extra light source. Luckily the nights are getting longer, 6PM is no longer that dark black sky outside.
SAL
January (left) and February's check in (right).

I have to admit, it wasn't until I placed the two check in's together that I realised just how much progress I was making. Hopefully through March I'll get the time to finish the ladies dress, give that dude his face back, finish off the the sky and start working on some of the back stitching which I'm hoping, will bring out all the details and make it appear a little less flat.

SAL

I'll get the balance between working on this SAL and all my other pieces eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment