Wednesday 12 August 2015

FOOD: Amar Pizza

Amar

There are three food stuffs I really love. Pizza. Indian curries. Spice. Throw them all together and I'm in food heaven. And thus, I've found my new favorite pizza - the tandoori chicken pizza, and well the rest of the pizzas at Amar Pizza are pretty awesome tasting too.  

Amar Pizza is a place that makes you rethink what you know about pizza. It's a place that will get you trying new things, new flavours, new flavours together, possibly even pushing your limit. It's friendly. It's local (to me at least). It's independent. It's cheap. It's a winner on all counts. 

Amar
Seafood Pizza 
 
If you enjoy your Travel Channel food shows, you might have even caught this pizza place on Andrew Zimmerman's Bizarre Foods when he passed by a couple of years ago. In fact it was Detroit's first ever appearance on the channel so there you go. I remember catching this place on one of the endless reruns they show, then promptly forgot about it - story of my life when it comes to places to eat in Detroit. So many that I forgot which ones to try. I think I need a list. But I digress.

So to the spice. Pizza's here tend to be on the medium and higher scale. But if you want to take things to the next level, you can order pizzas that make use of spicy fish and naga sauces and the ghost pepper. The ghost pepper, oh yes, one of the hottest pepper's in the world, one uncomfortably hot. It's so hot they don't actually put the pepper onto the pizza, it's mixed into the sauce instead. But fear not the menu is great at labelling the spice levels.

Amar
Tandoori Chicken Pizza

So what did we end up trying? Well the sweet & spicy tandoori chicken pizza and the seafood pizza which was made up of shrimp and crab meat (mmmm) with a deliciously hot Cajun crust. Lots of Cajun. Lots of mmmm's. Now we've finally got around to trying it out, there's all the rest of that menu to get around to trying!

View Larger Map  |  Get Directions  |  View Bird's Eye
Amar Pizza
11608 Conant St, Hamtramck, MI




Ever had a spicy pizza?!

No comments:

Post a Comment