Yesterday in particular has reminded me just how quickly time flies. Not only did Thursday mark ten years since receiving my A Level results (and then me leaving to go to university a couple of months later) but also five years since I first tried sushi. Because Joe was over on a visit. Little did I know what he'd start with me trying sushi. Favourite! Anyway, I broke the special things happening every five years on that date and just wandered to the Post Office which, wasn't very life changing.
But otherwise, other small happy things!
- Oreo frappes
- Joining the local library finally
- Which lead to reading Amy Poehler's Yes Please! and loving every page
- Drawing and redrawing ideas for a Detroit themed cross stitch piece again finally
- Getting my DIY on - I'm waterproofing the basement ... oh the glamour
- Stocking up on 19c notebooks that I don't really need but hey, it's back to school time and they are cheap and ... yeah
- Free listings on eBay, because I can never have enough of those
- Nutella milkshakes from Steak n Shake - DELICIOUS!
- Being cat stalked
- Stitching myself a new bookmark from a 25c kit I picked up at an estate sale the other week - new bookmark for a new book love
- Having kitchen cupboards filled with paper bags in my attempt to dry coriander and sunflower seeds ... key word being attempting
- Peppermint tea - nom!
Happy things, happy list, what have been your happy things?
Also if you have any recommendations for quirky, funny, historical book - fiction or otherwise, I'm all ears!