Sunday 1 August 2010

LIFE: 43 Things

There's an amazing website doing the rounds if you love making lists. Especially to do lists, of things you really want to get around to doing someday. I know i've posted a list like this before somewhere upon this blog [can't really find where] and I know it revolved around having proper holidays by the seaside and visiting Hye on Why. But like I'm inpatient, my head jumps, ideas fly and my ideas and lists always change. I guess anyone's to do before they die list is somewhat always reflecting the point where a person is in their life. A wish of things they might of done in the past and a hope to do in the future. 

So here is mine, in reflection i'm surprised just how American my ambitions are heading already

1. See a Broadway musical [New York]

2. Collect seashells from around the world

3. To see a musical in London's West End

4. Try and keep my blog going which is rather hard to do at times, especially at the moment. But I am trying.Honest.

5. To like myself more, probably one of the hardest things on this list.
6. To get married. I think this is one of the big and more doable and planned things i'll be doing in the near future [hopefully]. Yet getting married totally wouldn't of appeared on any to do list of mine even as recently as a year ago, it's a wonder what meeting an amazing guy does when it comes to changing your stance about romance. 

7. Visit Virginia, especially Williamsburg

8. To carry on collecting my vintage powder compacts and figure out some impressive and more affective way to store and display them.

9. Make a huge Afghan crochet blanket for long romantic snuggles, another for the back of the car for picnics and one for edders.

10. To be happy, generally.

11. To go and watch a PGA golf match, somewhere, some place.

12. To crochet more, doesn't really matter what. Just crochet and get better at it. 

13. To finally see the Backstreet Boys live, been "into" them for 14 years and still haven't done it. Must try harder. 

14. To own and give a home to more rescue cats. I'm slighty bias to ginger and white cats, but i'll take any! 

15. Own and do up my own house. Have dreams of a little yellow ranch house in Massachusetts, but just any little place that needs a bit of loving, a hammer and some paint.

16. Road trip to New York, maybe up through Canada via Buffalo. Just to walk along Fifth Avenue, see the Statue or Liberty, watch the big lights.
17. Visit and travel around Italy staying in gorgeous quaint little villages, see the sites of the Romans, soak up all the culture.

18. To move to America.
19. To honeymoon up in the Laurel mountains in PA and especially visit Falling Water. 

20. Road trip around Pennsylvania [at least the western part] up into the Mountains, the caves, snuggle into a cabin and watch the world go by. 

21. Develop my photography skills - slightly my new snap happy addiction. Need a "proper" camera but we'll get it some day.

22. Visit Chicago and see the Chicago Fire Soccer team play seeing they are the closest to the big time you get closest to Detroit.
23. To learn how to knit. I can crochet, sew, embroider. But can I knit - no chance!

Okki, so there's room for 20 more ideas. It's hard to focus and think of things you want to do when you have to actually think about it! Always room for more though.

What are your things to do?

7 comments:

  1. Miss Pink - Very commendable job on "The List". I'm a fellow Wright fan too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fought this website a few weeks ago and on my list is...

    Move to New York
    Own a pug
    Care less about what other people think of me
    See Bon Jovi live...again
    See Wicked again
    Become a make up artist

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeyey it's great to find another Wright fan, bar me and my OH i've never known anyone else have the nearest idea what we're talking about when it comes to Wright. Just love to visit there someday, hopefully next spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Great list, how about adding a tour of Frank Lloyd Wright's houses?
    I would give a lot to visit the Robie House.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is such a lovely idea. I've hear d of 43 things but never taken a look. so tempted to do one of my own but I don't wanna copy yours as it's so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a really neat list! It will be so satisfying to tick them off one by one!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. i would like to make it to all of the continents before i die. i just need to go to antartica, s. america and africa.

    great post!

    ReplyDelete