Monday 15 September 2014

LIFE: #PhotoAnHour - A Saturday in September

It's been months (April to be exact) since I got around to joining Jane and her #photoanhour adventure. Mainly because for all the other months, it takes me until about midday to remember about it and by then, well half the day is over. But after deciding we couldn't really be arsed to driving for an hour and half just to hit five estate sales that we fancied poking, it was a lazy Saturday at home. So while watching Saturday TV, I noticed it coming up on twitter, and I thought why the hell not?!

It actually turned out to be more productive that I had planned.

photoanhour
9 am - starting the day with some kitty purrs from the Eddy // 10 am - lucky charms for a late breakfast // 11 am - trip to home depot  (oh looky we haven't been here in a while) for a brand spanking new spade and pruning shears although this was taken in the "oh my look at those blades on the saws, I want one" aisle.
photoanhour1

12 pm - watering the hanging basket which, at midday is part of my daily routine while picking up the mail. The hanging basket was actually one of the first things we brought, well I say we, Joe brought it for me as a thank you for basically moving our entire apartment when he busted up his ankle moving house. In the last couple of weeks it's found a new lease of life so it's looking super colourful at the moment. And speaking of ankles, his ankle now aches when it's going to rain, he's a walking barometer, who needs weather apps?! // 1 pm - having a brew, lunch and watching the diy channel which continued to be on for most of the day // 2 pm after hanging around the #socialbloggers twitter chat for a bit, I felt the need to get outside and test out the brand spanking new spade while checking out my dahlias which were brought and planted as bulbs out of their planting season but are now on the verge of flowering - double yey (the hollyhocks have never done anything mine - you win some you loose some).

photoanhour2

3 pm - admiring the hard work - plenty of weeding got done, widened the border ready for spring bulb planting and transplanted some flowers around (you can kinda see how this area looked back when we moved in here in the last photo - it's the general same area - and well was covered with the same weeds) // 4 pm - coming in from gardening getting my Maximo Park fix // 5 pm - homemade burgers filled with cheese & onion made and cooked by Joe - very tasty

photoanhour3
6 pm - teeny tiny came over for some snuggles // 7 pm - watching the world go by out the front window, it's still hard getting use to somewhere that's so quiet when we use to live next to a freeway // 8 pm - settling down to a night of relisting stuff on ebay, watching Modern Family and catching up on blogs 

How was your Saturday? 

28 comments:

  1. Oh, love a post like this! Very jealous of your lucky charms! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not much of a breakfast fan, so I have to admit, this was the first time trying them, but i'm corrupted now haha.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a wonderful Saturday! It's a great feeling to get work done in the garden.I love photo an hour posts, maybe one day I'll get around to doing one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeap! Finally starting to get somewhere with the gardening now too (bar the bit that's going to be the veg patch, think i'll leave that till spring now haha).

      Delete
  3. I love Photo an Hour posts and did one a month for the whole of last year.
    That was a bit intense because like you, I'd sometimes set out to do it and not get round to it until halfway through the day. This year I've intermittently been joining #1day12pics, a fun project by Michelle Young and Emma Davies, I've really been enjoying the 'interactiveness' of it, much more fun than going alone.
    http://mycreativephotography.co.uk/2014/09/02/1day12pics-september/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo that sounds fun, i'll have to keep my eyes open for the next date - sounds fun especially when lots get involved so thank you for the heads up!

      Delete
  4. I'd totally forget about this challenge all the time! Or also... I don't think I'd have enough to take pictures of! I spend most of my lazy days watching movies or tv shows with my boyfriend so there isn't really anything to share except for food pictures and screencaptures. The burger looks yummy by the way!
    Elina | Miss Blue Eyes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I have to admit, these sorts of challenges make me try and do something during the day otherwise it would be TV stills constantly. Mind you getting some new stuff for the garden is a good enough excuse to get me off the sofa!

      Delete
  5. Oh am so jealous that you get to eat Lucky Charms, I used to love them when I was a kid! Looks like you had a wonderful Saturday. I think I might do a similar post myself at some point. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea - I might do a post like this for next Saturday. Thanks for sharing.

    Lizzie's Daily Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore these photo an hour posts, primarily because I'm super nosey and like seeing what people do during the day! It looks like you had a lovely Saturday, the burger looks crazy delicious! Such cute kitty pictures too ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - first time making home made burgers too and without a recipe but they came out really good, certainly going to be making them again!

      Delete
  8. Yay! I remembered to do it this month & was fortunate enough that I was in France for the weekend. Just need to get it written up now!

    Also v jealous of your Lucky Charms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo how exciting and a great way to document a trip too!

      Delete
  9. Oooo, I like the idea of a photo journal sharing your entire day! Super cute idea. It definitely feeds into our natural curiosity about how others spend their time.

    Cat
    http://oddlylovely.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to be a bit nosey every now and again!

      Delete
  10. I really love these posts but I never remember to do them until it's halfway through the day!
    Your garden is looking good - much better than my allotment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What you can't see if how unruly what the veg patch/butterfly garden part is ... but let's not talk about that!

      Delete
  11. I really like this post! I want to do this but I know I'll forget at least every other hour lol Those lucky charms look so good, my husband is obsessed with Lucky Charms so I always have to buy a new box every week!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Joe really likes Lucky Charms - so good yet so bad!

      Delete
  12. Yay, my favourite kind of post! I do love a lazy day that actually isn't so lazy when you look back. Good job on the garden!

    Kris and I went to the zoology museum on Saturday! Loads of animals in jars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo pickled animals! I really need to do a day in my life during the week, once I remember about it haha!

      Delete
  13. This sounds like a wonderful Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds like an interesting idea. I might have to try it some day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. For some reason, I haven't been seeing your tweets, so I'm glad I saw your post, or I'd have missed your photos!

    This sounds like the perfect Saturday, and I'm jealous of your Lucky Charms! :)

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stopping by via Photo an Hour.

    The plant in your hanging basket is so pretty.

    Those home-made burgers sound amazing! Now I feel the need to make burgers tonight :-)

    ReplyDelete