Wednesday 1 July 2015

LIFE: 30 Days Wild #3

So here rolls out the final part of the #30DaysWild challenge. This last part actually sees me getting out of the burbs and travelling through the countryside between some of America's big cities which made a nice change. It's always a welcome sight seeing cows and horses when you haven't seen them for months on end. The countryside smell, not so much - I'm a proper townie these days can't you tell?!

#30DaysWild

Day 21 // stuck inside a hospital for hours on end made me welcome the sight of a fluffy cloud afterwards

#30DaysWild

Day 22 // poppy appeared in my wild patch

#30DaysWild

Day 23 // my little Eastern Tiger Swallowtail has been in and out of my garden for the last month or so, always too fluttery for a picture but this time she settled long enough for a quick snap!

#30DaysWild

Day 24 // Wednesday saw us driving to Kings Island, and in the rather warm midday Ohio heat, the shade from the old trees was much appreciated between rides.

#30DaysWild

Day 25 // lusting over this vertical garden at the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Gardens.

#30DaysWild

Day 26 // Taking Interstate 71 across Ohio to Pennsylvania we had a quick stop at a rest stop right in the middle of the countryside. Hay bails and all.

Day 27 // Totally missed this day - crazed dog and a kids party to blame.

#30DaysWild

Day 28 // Pretty blue skies, fluffy clouds and green fields along the Ohio Turnpike.

#30DaysWild

Day 29 // First sweet peas of the year picked, fresh from the garden.

#30DaysWild
Day 30 // morning working in the veg patch and picking some fruit & veg fresh from the garden

Missing only one day on my first of such photograph challenge I think was pretty good. #30DaysWild has certainly made me more aware of what nature is around me, that you don't necessarily have to be out in the wild per say to enjoy it.  Which in turn has made me even more grateful for my garden and having a park (even if it's more of a playground) close by. And even if you're just travelling through the countryside, it's nice to see and appreciate it. It's encouraged me to get learning more about the wild flowers, the birds, the butterflies that pass by, being able to put names to things is always an advantage in my book.

If you missed the first two parts to #30DaysWild you can find them here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment