Monday 1 June 2015

CREATIVE: Grand Traverse Light

Grand Traverse Light

The Grand Traverse Light in itself is well worth the drive from Traverse City, not to mention the beautiful scenery of cherry fields and the Leelanlau State Park. In fact it was this very lighthouse that began my love for these buildings that you'll find all around the Great Lakes. 

Lighthouse
          
Luckily my love for Michigan lighthouses has always been forfilled with the cross stitch kits from Presque Isle Needleworks just so I have an excuse to mark my visits not only in photographs but in the craft I love the most. You might remember I've already stitched 40 Mile Point and Mackinac Point lighthouse - another two lighthouses we visited on our autumnal drive around the Lower Peninsular back in October 2013. After moving I knew hidden away in one of my cross stitch boxes was the kit for Grand Traverse lighthouse and it was high time I got around to stitching it. 

lighthouse

While it's stitched with a limited colour palette, I love their designs for how bold and eye catching they are. It's simple but they really do reflect the likeness of the lighthouse. Luckily enough they are just the right size for fitting within a 6" embroidery hoop to add to that old hoop wall of mine. 

Lighthouse

You can always remind yourself with my original post the Grand Traverse Light here. I'm going to have to get around to eyeing up some more lighthouses just for the mere excuse of then being able to stitch them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment