Friday 12 June 2015

LIFE: 30 Days Wild

If you follow me on Instragam then you might have noticed me following along with the #30DaysWild challenge being run by Wildlife Trust. Being in Michigan these days it hasn't stopped me from lending my support and hopefully raising awareness about making time for nature throughout June (and beyond).

So here are the first ten images capturing me trying to get a little more nature into my days;

#30DaysWild

Day 1 // putting up a new bird feeder pole up in the garden - crazy bird lady over here

#30DaysWild

Day 2 // thunderstorm puddles leaving reflections of my old Maple tree

#30DaysWild

Day 3 // lettuces growing in the veg patch

#30DaysWild

Day 4 // clearing my head in a city park, falling in love with all the greenery

#30DaysWild


Day 5 // more pretty poppies starting to bloom

#30DaysWild

Day 6 // admiring other people's gardens while poking estate sales - serious Iris envy

#30DaysWild

Day 7 // starting Sunday right with a good book and a cuppa tea outside

#30DaysWild

Day 8 // storm clouds to start a Monday

#30DaysWild

Day 9 // watching the critters really starting to enjoy my wild patch

#30DaysWild  
Day 10 //catching some fresh air between thunderstorms, capturing the raindrops on the giant poppies

Not too shabby.

Living in the suburbs it's not too easy to get lost in the countryside on a daily basis, (I actually dread to think how many miles away a field is but hey ho) nevertheless with the help of my garden, local parks and a good deal of friendly wildlife, it's not so hard to enjoy the outside, it's actually inspired me to get educated on being able to identify wild-flowers. 

I'd love to hear how you make room for nature in your daily life and if you're too taking part in the #30DaysWild challenge, leave me your link!


No comments:

Post a Comment